Spring is finally here with its sunny days and warm weather. And since we’re getting ready for summer season (and obviously , we want to have THE perfect body for it), we’ll tend to opt for fresh and balanced meals during spring time, to facilitate weight loss. Salads are the perfect meal for those who are searching for a balanced diet. And it’s even better if it’s a Tunisian salad !
Just like it’s shown by the name, the Tunisian salad comes from Tunisia and is made with fresh, raw veggies, just like many mediterranean salads. It’s generally filled with hard-boiled eggs, extra virgin olive oil and tuna belly. The Tunisian salad is frequently prepared in Tunisia, since it’s quite easy and accompanies almost all kind of meat and fish.
So if you want to prepare a colorful and healthy meal, here’s the recipe. For the ingredients, you’ll need:
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 green peppers
- 1 onion
- 1 cucumber
- 1 acid apple
- Some dried mint
- 3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbps of vinegar
- 1 tbsp of lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Hard-boiled eggs and tuna belly
- Wash all the veggies then cut them into small dices. Peel and cut the apple into small dices too. Put all the veggies and the apple in a bowl.
- Mix the vinegar, lemon, salt and pepper, extra virgin olive oil in a bowl. Season the salad with the vinaigrette, then add the dried mint.
- Your salad is ready, just add the hard-boiled eggs and tuna belly. Enjoy !